Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Savings in a Hurry

When you have to organize dinner for a large group of quilters, friends, family or other guests, you can still save money by following some of the basic rules you learn at the workshop. Case in point: this past Sunday, one of my quilting groups gathered in my home. I still have a tight household budget, but instead of buying willy-nilly, I used my shopping cents buying both my groceries and a few specialty items at great savings.

The result: my shopping bill, originally $78.47, was ultimately 45.22, or 43% savings. I did this all in less than an hour, as my life this week was crazy, returning from two weeks of travel, and visiting my Mom, who is in a nursing care facility recuperating from a broken leg. You can do this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment